We pay a high price when decision makers downplay or outright neglect “gray rhino” risks: obvious, highly probable and impactful, but often downplayed or outright ignored. An organization’s success—its very survival—depends on leaders mobilizing their teams to respond to challenges with innovation and tenacity. Yet the headlines are full of companies that ignored clear and present dangers and paid the price.
Every business and government leader deals with gray rhinos every day—often solvable problems that their employees see and wish they had the power to wrangle. Each one of us has our own personal gray rhinos, which often overlap with challenges at work. Coaches, doctors, and financial planners know how hard it is for their clients to do what they know they ought to to protect their physical and financial health.
Do you need help taking a fresh look at the risks facing your organization and how prepared you really are to deal with them? Would you benefit from tools and strategies to help you turn those risks into opportunities and spark innovation?
That’s where gray rhino strategy and tools come in.
- Has your organization identified the top risks and challenges it faces internally, in your industry, or the economy in general? Do you have a plan to deal with them?
- Are you making the best decisions you can by knowing and counteracting your blind spots?
- Does your team listen to warning bells or ignore them?
- Do you do a risk analyses merely to “check the box,” or does your whole organization follow up with specific steps to handle these risks?
- Are you constantly scrambling to put out fires and neglecting your company’s long-term future?
- Are you in touch with your target markets and on top of changes in what they want?
- If you could recognize and deal with your gray rhinos head on, in life, business, and the world, how much better off would you be?
If you’re not happy with any of the answers to these questions, Gray Rhino & Company can help.
Contact us today to find out how working with Gray Rhino & Company can inspire, educate, and empower your team to focus on your company’s gray rhinos and turn them into catalysts for innovation.