Leadership gurus and change strategists Tom Rosenak and Adrienne Guerrero spoke recently with Michele Wucker for A Leadership Beyond podcast on the episode posted March 28, 2023. A Leadership Beyond is a community of change leaders who desire to build bridges between business goals and the people doing the work.
Find the episode on your favorite podcast channel HERE, or watch/listen via YouTube below.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- The pandemic brought our relationship to risk to the forefront. Cultural concerns, local challenges, as well as individual behaviors all reflect our relationship to risk.
- We can’t separate public policy or business strategy from personal risk decisions.
- The fingerprint is an effective metaphor as well as an effective organizing principle for our new evaluation of risk. Like a real fingerprint, there are three parts to it: the unique and unchanging, the lived experience which is how your personality interacts with your experience, and lastly, your habits and processes as you decide how to navigate risk. The power to make real decisions in your response to risk.
- Understanding your personality and innate risk type can help us understand our starting point and how to be more intentional in the choices we make around risk.
- Crisis is about being at this tipping point, this moment of change.
- Our vocabulary around the word “risk” surfaces our biases. The first thought may be peril, or adventure and many points between. Michele helps us expand and particularize this vocabulary with the question, “relative to what?”.
- When we change our perspective, we change our perception of risk. You are what you risk helps us to examine risk from multiple perspectives enabling us to better make decisions based on who we are and what we are choosing to become.
Latest posts by The Gray Rhino (see all)
- A Leadership Beyond Podcast: Navigating Risk - March 28, 2023
- DCRO Live Event Series Launches - March 13, 2023
- The Purse Podcast: How Women Manage Risk - March 12, 2023