Gayatri Sarkar, founder and host of She-VC, a storytelling platform for women VC, investors and LP, interviewed eminent policy expert Michele Wucker March 27, 2020 in a live webinar. Michele Wucker coined the term “gray rhino” to draw attention to the obvious risks that are neglected despite – indeed, often because of- their size and likelihood. Watch on YouTube or below.
1. Is the Coronavirus pandemic a Black Swan or gray rhino? What is a “meta” gray rhino?
2. In this crisis we realized that most of our current policy leaders are clueless. What should they do in terms of risk perception in the next few months?
3. Currently there are lot of discussions about economic stimulus both to businesses and individual families. How do you think we should distribute money into the very grassroots level of the economy, the small businesses and startups? What kind of mechanisms should be applied by policy leaders?
4. You are one of the strongest voices when it comes to women economic policy. Why did you think female founders get 2.79% of VC money? What are the systematic biases and prejudices that come into effect in venture capital?
5. Intellectual diversity as well as gender diversity is very important when it comes to board representation. How can we see more women in those roles?
6. Coming back to our current crisis, whether we go back to something like the last great depression we do not know, but the world will not be the same after this. Values will change, policies will change. What should we do in terms of policies and choices as a society, government, businesses looking forward?