Listen below to Michele Wucker’s conversation with Mahan Tavakoli on the popular Partnering Leadership podcast episode posted September 23, 2021.
Learn from the leadership journey of changemakers and global thought leaders so you can align better with your purpose, grow professionally with meaning, and have a greater impact. Each week Mahan Tavakoli sits down for an intimate conversation with diverse leaders to learn from their leadership journeys so we can all improve, grow, and have a greater impact.
In this episode of Partnering Leadership, Michele Wucker, author of The Gray Rhino and You Are What You Risk, explains the origin of the concept of gray rhino and how to use it to improve decision making. She goes into the logic behind risk-taking and the need for understanding and assessing risk better as individuals and organizations based on her new book, You Are What You Risk.
- Two very different yet essential concepts in understanding and assessing risk: How a Gray Rhino differs from a Black Swan
- Why The Gray Rhino was so successful in China and how it inspired Michele’s new book, You Are What You Risk
- What a Risk Fingerprint is and how you can gain a better understanding of yourself and others through your risk fingerprint
- Annie Edson Taylor’s story and the impact of a risk fingerprint on decision making- The Gray Rhinos of today: Inequality, Financial Fragilities, and Climate Change
LISTEN HERE or on your favorite podcast platform:
- Kindle Sale: You Are What You Risk is $1.99 in May only - May 15, 2022
- NextUp Podcast: Debunking Stereotypes on Women and Risk - May 7, 2022
- Be That Lawyer Podcast on The Risks We Take - April 26, 2022